Red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone are the result of a combination of complex factors. At Tulsa Hills Cosmetic and Laser Skin Center, we view the causes and solutions for these imperfections from both a medical and aesthetic perspective. Contact our Tulsa office today for more information about our practice, or to schedule a consultation appointment.
What Causes Red Spots, Brown Spots, and Uneven Skin Tone?
Most people have some at least a few red spots, brown spots, or areas of uneven skin tone. These forms of discoloration and imperfection can develop on the skin as the result of both genetic and environmental factors. While some cases of red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone can be eliminated in a single treatment, others require chronic management.
What Treatments can Correct these Cases of Discoloration?
At Tulsa Hills Cosmetic and Laser Skin Center, our goal is to help patients achieve their best skin inside and out; that’s why we’re proud to offer a variety of both in-office and at-home techniques for managing the appearance of red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone. Some of these techniques include:
Medical Grade Cosmetic Products
Medical grade cosmetic products can be an excellent addition to any patient’s skin care routine to help combat specific red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone that they would like to correct. The medical grade cosmetic products we recommend are customized to each patient based on their unique aesthetic goals and skin type.
There are a number of prescription products available that can be used to improve the appearance of red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone. Our dermatological experts can recommend which products are best for you based on the skin imperfections you’d like to correct, as well as your skin type and current state of health.
A chemical peel is a skin care technique that uses a combination of compounds to exfoliate, cleanse and nourish the skin. Because these treatments usually remove the first few layers of skin, they are particularly useful for improving the appearance of red spots, brown spots, and uneven skin tone.
At Tulsa Hills Cosmetic and Laser Skin Center, we offer the following chemical peels:
- Vitalize Peel. Utilizes retinol to improve the appearance of mild melasma and acne scarring.
- Efface Peel. Combines Arbutase, skin lightener, and retinol to address acne and melasma in a gentle, gradual manner.
- Illuminize Peel. Boosts collagen, hydrates the skin and improves the appearance of pigmentation.
- Vi Peel for Acne. Uses antioxidants to remove bacteria trapped in the pores to address moderate to severe acne. This peel is more aggressive than our Vitalize, Efface, or Illuminize peels.
- Vi Peel for Melasma. Like the Vi Peel for acne, the Vi Peel for melasma is an aggressive peel that can be used to target aging cells, collagen, brown spots, and hyperpigmentation.
Lasers are an effective, non-invasive way to improve the appearance of red and brown spots by targeting them at their structural roots. At Tulsa Hills Cosmetic and Laser Skin Center, we offer our patients access to PicoWay and GentleMax laser treatments that can help address the underlying causes of red and brown spots